Day Thirteen: February 19, on Black History Month
In honor of Black History Month, I am recommending the following five texts on Afro-Caribbean Literature (French Expression):
- “Masters of the Dew” by Jacques Roumain
- “Notebook of a Return to the Native Land” by Aime Cesaire
- “Dance on the Volcano” by Marie Vieux Chauvet
- “I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem” by Maryse Conde
- “Texaco” by Patrick Chamoiseau
*** Every day is Black History Month.
Every day we celebrate human beings created in the image of God.
Every day we celebrate the gift of life and the gift of black life because black people and all people MATTER to God.