Day Twelve: February 18, on Black History Month
In honor of Black History Month, I am recommending the following five texts on African Literature:
- “Things Fall Apart” by Chinua Achebe
- “Death and the King’s Horseman” by Akínwándé Olúwolé Babátúndé Sóyíinká (“Wole Soyinka”)
- “Weep Not, Child” by Ngugi wa Thiong’o
- “So Long a Letter” by Mariama Bâ
- “Half of a Yellow Sun” by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
*** Every day is Black History Month.
Every day we celebrate human beings created in the image of God.
Every day we celebrate the gift of life and the gift of black life because black people and all people MATTER to God.