Day Fourteen: February 20, on Black History Month
In honor of Black History Month, I am recommending the following five texts on Afro-Caribbean Literature (English Expression):
- “In the Castle of My Skin” by George Lamming
- “A House for Mr. Biswas” by Vidiadhar Surajprasad (V.S.) Naipaul
- “Omeros” by Derek Alton Walcott
- “Krik? Krak!” by Edwidge Danticat
- “The Loneliness of Angels” by Myriam J. A. Chancy
*** Every day is Black History Month.
Every day we celebrate human beings created in the image of God.
Every day we celebrate the gift of life and the gift of black life because black people and all people MATTER to God.