Day Three: February 5, on Black History Month
In honor of Black History Month, I am recommending the following five texts on Pan-African History or Pan-Africanism:
- “Pan-Africanism or Communism” by George Padmore
- “A History of Pan-African Revolt” by C. L. R. James
- “Pan-Africanism: The Idea and the Movement, 1776-1963” by P. Olisanwuche Esedebe
- “Pan-African History: Political figures from Africa and the Diaspora since 1787” by Hakim Adi and Marika Sherwood
- “Stokeley Speaks: From Black Power to Pan-Africanism” by Stokeley Carmichael
*** Every day is Black History Month.
Every day we celebrate human beings created in the image of God.
Every day we celebrate the gift of life and the gift of black life because black people and all people MATTER to God.