Day Nine: February 13, on Black History Month
In honor of Black History Month, I am recommending the following five texts on African American Church History:
- “The History of the Negro Church” by Carter G. Woodson
- “The Negro’s Church” by Benjamin Elijah Mays & Joseph William Nicholson
- “The Negro Church in America” by E. Franklin Frazier
- ” The Black Church in the African American Experience ” by C. Eric Lincoln and Lawrence H. Mamiya
- “Black Church Studies: An Introduction” by Stacey Floyd-Thomas, Juan Floyd-Thomas, Carol B. Duncan, Stephen C. Ray Jr., and Nancy Lynne Westfield
*** Every day is Black History Month.
Every day we celebrate human beings created in the image of God.
Every day we celebrate the gift of life and the gift of black life because black people and all people MATTER to God.