Day One: February 3, on Black History Month
In honor of Black History Month, I am recommending the following five texts on African American History:
- “Black Reconstruction in America, 1860-1880” by W. E. B. Du Bois
- “From Slavery to Freedom: A History of African Americans” by John Hope Franklin
- “Up from Slavery” by Booker T. Washington
- “The American Negro: Old World Background and New World Experience” by Rayford W, Logan and Irvin S. Cohen
- “Black Manhattan” by James Weldon Johnson
*** Every day is Black History Month.
Every day we celebrate human beings created in the image of God.
Every day we celebrate the gift of life and the gift of black life because black people and all people MATTER to God.