Day Seven: February 11, on Black History Month
In honor of Black History Month, I am recommending the following five texts on African (Traditional) Religion:
- “African Traditional Religion: A Definition” by E. Bolaji Idowu
- “Introduction to African Religion” by John S. Mbiti
- Olodumare: God in Yoruba Belief by E. Bolaji Idowu
- “African Religion: The Moral Traditions of Abundant Life ” by Laurenti Magesa
- “African Traditional Religions in Contemporary Society” edited by Jacob K. Olupona
*** Every day is Black History Month.
Every day we celebrate human beings created in the image of God.
Every day we celebrate the gift of life and the gift of black life because black people and all people MATTER to God.