Run for Justice, Fight for Love, and Pursue Peace!
Fighting for justice and equality, and striving for what is right, beautiful, godly, and human-uplifting in the contemporary American society is very depressing and time-consuming.
Many individuals in places of authority and influence have sealed the mouth of justice and deferred the power of love and peace in society. In other words, whenever an individual or a society fails to do justice and walk in solidarity with those who are weak and oppressed, as the author of Isaiah has observed, “Therefore justice is far from us, And righteousness does not overtake us; We hope for light, but behold, darkness, For brightness, but we walk in gloom” (Isaiah 59:14). The result is both tragic and simple: a life of despair and a nation in crisis.
A society characterized by selfishness, injustice, inequality, oppression, and racial tension is not worth celebrating and defending. We need to stand against all manifestations of evil and hate in our society.
How to move forward toward a better society and the common good?
Here are a few suggestions:
1. We need to prioritize Love not Hate.
2. We need to prioritize Compassion not selfishness.
3. We need to prioritize Justice not inequality.
4. We need to prioritize Lives not politics.
5. We need to give preference to Forgiveness not hostility.
6. We need to give preference to Optimism not pessimism.
7. We nee to give preference to the Poor and the Oppressed, not elevate the rich and the exploiter!
These are dangerous times to seek to live in harmony with each other; these are also terrible moments to seek to protect the lives of the least among us, to run for justice and fight for love, and ultimately, to “turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it” (Psalm:34:14).