A Few Good Reasons to Celebrate 🎉 Today!
- I cleaned up my garage. This is a great achievement, folks!
I am very proud of myself after doing it at least hundred times. Now, my back is hurting me 😃
Are there any chiropractors or message therapists in the house? 😂 😂 😂
- I officially posted online the final grades for all my spring classes.
Somebody, please bring me a bottle of Haitian Pepsi or a bottle of Barbancourt rhum💃 🍷 🎉
- I submitted my evaluations of two well-written, brilliant, and well-researched manuscripts to two prestigious academic publishers. The first manuscript is on Black Studies, Police Violence, and Critical Race Theory. The second manuscript is on foreign policy, environmental crisis, and Women’s rights and functions in the Haitian society.
- I delivered a paper at a symposium on Saturday on the significance for the church to engage in politics and on the emergence of Liberation Theology movement (s) in the late 1960s and early 1970s in Haiti. I emphasized the historic role of the Council of Haitian Episcopal Bishops in the struggle for social and political justice and the promotion of human dignity and rights.
**This is an excerpt from my forthcoming book on the politico-theological ideas of Jean-Bertrand Aristide: “Aristide: A Political and Theological Introduction” (Fortress Press).
- I will get some rest this week before I begin teaching summer classes next week.
Have an awesome Monday, Good People!